- Source, gather and report newsworthy events.
- Attend events and gather necessary details in order to produce an informative and well-balanced news piece.
- Develop relationships with the community and maintain an up-to-date contacts book.
- Liaise and discuss with fellow reporters, editors and photographers to produce good articles.
- Minimum of good 'A' levels or its equivalent.
- Other certificates related to the field of journalism will be considered.
- 1-2 years working experience in related field would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Malay (verbal and written). Knowledge of extra languages, especially Mandarin is an asset.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good integrity, confident and self-disciplined.
- Ability to motivate oneself and others.
- Independent and a good team player.
- Determined, driven and tenacious in work.
- Possess own transport and willing to travel within/outside the country when necessary.
- Possess own camera if possible.
Feel free to comment on this article using your Facebook account. By submitting your comment, you agree to the Terms and Conditions for the use of this comments feature, as stated here.